Monday, March 17, 2008

Scary morning

I had a bit of a scare this morning.. Since Friday i've been having cramps.. didn't think anything major of it.. just took some Tylenol and went to bed but last night they would not go away so this morning i emailed my midwife to get her opinion. Instead of emailing me back, she called me at work and told me i had to come in asap. Once i was there, they did a urine test to see if i had a bladder infection ( i guess this can cause a lot of cramping) that was negitive so she checked to see if i was dialated.. nope.. not dialated so then they put me on this baby monitoring thing and monitored the baby for about a half an hour to see if i was having any pre-term contractions.. that also was fine, no contractions. Olivia finally moved out of the breech position and is now head down!! The midwife thinks this is what all the cramping and Braxton Hicks contractions are coming from. Usually, the baby turns way before 35 weeks so it's not so much of a shock to your body once they turn but being that she is bigger then normal (cuz she's older then the average baby when they turn) she is thinking that it was just much harder on my body once she turned and that is where the symptoms are coming from. I still have an ultrasound tomorrow at 3:40 to double check if she is breech or not so cross your fingers and toes! Only 5 weeks to go!

No comments: