Thursday, March 27, 2008

ECV update

Just wanted to give an update after having the ECV (External Cephalic Version) done yesterday. They started out giving me an IV with a medication to relax my uterus.. i thought it would have been something to relax my stomach muscles too but it wasn't so that was weird.. try having someone push on your stomach, your natural reaction is to flex your muscles.. just felt like i was working against them and it was involuntary cuz i couldn't help that my muscles were flexing like that.. anyway, didn't seem to bother them one bit. They started the first round of maneuvering (first of about 5 or so attempts) all i can say is holy hannah did that hurt! they said i would be in mild discomfort! hah.. a man must have wrote that cuz it was down right painful.. extremely painful.. after yesterday, i am proud of myself though.. my pain tolerance is MUCH higher then i had ever thought. So.. they tried and tried but with no luck.. Olivia would just NOT flip! They did get her in a much better position though. i guess her little butt was lodged in my cervix so it would kinda be like having your butt stuck in a hole and trying to get out of it.. at least now she has a better chance of flipping on her own. It's still a 1 out of 20 shot this will happen but it could still happen. Since it was not successful yesterday, they are having me go back for round 2 next Tuesday.. i know.. call me crazy but i seriously want to avoid having a c-section if i can. Next time they will also be giving me an spinal block for the pain so i wont have to go through all of that again. Thank you for all of your prayers! Keep em' coming for next Tuesday!

No comments: